Finally a fashionable and affordable orthopaedic support thong, and for only $35.00 why wouldn’t you get your feet into some comfort this summer?
At PhysioFit we only supply products that we can vouch for ourselves, and with Archies Thongs we are certainly more than happy. Our physiotherapists and staff all wear Archies thongs, and not just in summer either as these are a great alternative to bare feet around the house all year round! Here are some of the reasons we just love Archies…
Flat thongs offer the feet very little support, which can lead to unwanted stress and strain for both the foot and lower limb/leg. Archies Arch Support Thongs aim to reduce the potentially damaging stresses and strains by offering a level of support similar to that provided by orthotics to promote improved skeletal alignment. Poor alignment has been found to be a contributing factor in a range of musculoskeletal injuries, including different forms of back, hip, knee, shin and foot pain.
Archies Thongs are the perfect choice of thongs for anyone seeking a level of support not provided by normal flat thongs, as well as those who experience common foot and lower limb/leg issues such as increased pronation (where the foot rolls inwards). Increased pronation alters the way stress and strain are absorbed through the body, which can potentially lead to injury. Injuries arising from increased pronation are more common in people with flat arches, although it can occur in all foot types.
Archies Thongs are ideal for everyone and are a great choice for those seeking an extremely comfortable feel while enjoying the added benefit of increased support. They are also ideal for those who have high arches, as this foot type has a tendency to incur increased stress on the outside of the foot and leg and can provide even distribution of pressure and load across the foot.
Some of the Features and Benefits of Archies Thongs:
- Legitimate Orthotic / Arch Support – Archies Thongs have a similar amount of support as most off the shelf orthotics. This may help to support the foot and improve foot posture, thereby potentially reducing the strain on your feet and lower limbs.
- Two Levels of Arch Support – You can never cater for every person with one shaped arch profile. Archies Thongs have the options of either Standard Arch Support or High Arch Support, this helps us to specifically cater to your foot type and support needs.
- Unbelievable Comfort! – The orthotic / arch support found in Archies Thongs combines with a super soft, highly resilient foam to provide an unbelievably comfortable feel, irrespective of whether or not you wear orthotics or have issues with your feet making them the perfect thong to wear when out walking or as a slipper in and around the house.
- Ultra-Light – The highly specialised foam material found in Archies Thongs is ultralight in comparison to other orthopaedic thongs which may result in less tired and achy feet at the end of the day, making them the perfect thong when travelling!
- Tighter Strap – In thongs with a loose strap, your toes claw down and you do not get the protective support from the arch like you are supposed to. The tighter strap in Archies Thongs may help to reduce toe clawing allowing you to walk more naturally.
- One piece construction – As the thongs are all moulded as one you are far less likely to break the toe pole as you are in thongs with a base and plug configuration.
- All of these features combine to provide a thong that is perfect for rest and recovery after exercise and sport. This is why Archies Thongs are the choice of thongs for many professional athletes Australia wide.
Once you try Archies Arch Support Thongs you will never want to take them off your feet…come into the clinic and try a pair for yourself!