Graeme Wilson from Akoonah Podiatry is available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and appointments can be made by phoning the the clinic. Graeme is also a BUPA Members First provider.
Podiatry can address a range of foot conditions that relate to lower leg, knee, hip and back. Heel pain is a common reason to seek advice from a podiatrist. Pain under the bottom of the heel, around the outside of the heel or even up the back of the heel may be caused by a number of conditions including Achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, fat pad impingement, heel spurs or nerve impingement. Long and thick nails, callus, corns and pressure areas are also very common reasons for consulting a podiatrist.
Podiatry services include…
- Advice and education on foot health, including nail cutting techniques, skin care options and appropriate footwear for your foot type.
- Orthotics advice and fitting to align, support and improve the function of the lower limb and foot and reduce tissue and joint stress.
- A large range of orthotic options to best suit your foot problems and budget too!
- Specific advice for individuals with diabetes who should consult a podiatrist on a regular basis
- Biomechanical assessments (performed using recording device and treadmill) to assess joint, muscles, ligaments and tendons of the foot and leg during movement.
- Variety of treatment methods including heel raises, appropriate fitting footwear, padding, offloading, orthotics, stretching and strengthening exercises and dry needling.
- Therapeutic dry needling to reduce foot and leg pain.
- Treatment for a range of conditions including corns, calluses, ingrown toenails, heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, shin splints, heel spurs and pronated (flat) feet
To find out more about Graeme and how he can help you, please click here
Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000229 EndHTML:000002916 StartFragment:000002580 EndFragment:000002871 StartSelection:000002580 EndSelection:000002871 SourceURL:http://www.physiofit.clinic/wp-admin/post.php?post=535&action=edit